Wednesday, July 29, 2009

hobbies

I married a really fun guy!
he happens to have like 17 hobbies:
  • watching old Star Trek re-runs
  • researching fun metropolitan cities where we will one day live
  • visiting microbreweries
  • wandering around old used bookstores in hunt for signed first editions
  • trying to identify which restaurant in our town has 'the greatest burger'
the list goes on.... and on.... and on!

i, on the other hand, don't have a real hobby.
Sure....
i CAN play piano,i USED to run half marathons, and i WOULD do jigsaw puzzles except for the fact that there is only one table in our apartment!

but, when it comes down to it, i'm quite 'hobby-less'.
(unless wearing sunscreen counts as a hobby?)

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from bored. And I also think I'm far from boring. I just don't have something that i consistently and intentionally enjoy doing.... plus i'm super content and often completely entertained by spending time with my ky as he pursues whatever hobby is currently on the agenda.


But, with the prompting of the husband and the realization that life is too short not to have a 'real' hobby..... i've decided to start blogging. That's right; it's official. My new hobby is blogging!

Not sure the direction this blog will take. Will I share my political opinions on socialized health care? Will I tell legendary stories about when Kyle sleep walks? Will I journal though what God is teaching me through different seasons? Only time will tell!
Regardless, i'm pretty jazzed about documenting this adventure called life.
And I'm also pretty excited about giving our friends and family a glimpse into the world of our fabFAZfam!

No comments:

Post a Comment