So, at 26.3 years of age, I had my first experience on a private island. Private, like you can't even drive onto the island unless your name is on the security guard's 'privileged guest' list.
Here are a few pics from our Labor Day visit to Sea Island where we celebrated the upcoming marriage of David (ky's cous) and Meggie.
They are such a dynamic couple and Meggie's family was so hospitable to have all the wedding party out to their beautiful beach 'cottage'.... not sure why they call an 8 bedroom mansion a cottage? But in all honesty the southern charm, decor, and hospitality made the term 'cottage' very fitting.
Thanks, David and Meggie for a memorable Labor Day weekend; we are so excited for you!!!
There aren't words for Sea Island... you will just have to google it!
Funny story though-
So, kyle and I are in this really healthy place in our marriage.... I am learning not to nag, but still learning to deal with the consequences when I don't nag.... let me explain.
So, Dave and Meggie email us (weeks in advance) a 'packing list'.
Seeing as I don't go to private islands all that often, I was very grateful to know that there would a Hawaiian themed party and two 'nice dress' occasions (props to Bekah for letting me raid her 'nice dress' wardrobe! and for helping me define what 'nice dress' + beach =).
The list was thorough.... even included 'swim suit'. Clearly, we are going to the beach. My polka dot swimsuit was the first item thrown in my embarrassingly lg suitcase (3 day vacation.... yet my suitcase has clothes for a solid 3 weeks... gotta be wardrobe prepared!)
So, leah, the NON-Nagging wife decides to trust Kyle, the literate adult who is now proficient with laundry (that's another blog topic for another cloudy day!) to pack for himself.
I knew trouble was brewing when it came time to head to the airport and all he is carrying is a duffel bag the size of 24 pack of diet coke. Since I'm really wonderful wife, my first thought is "Wow, I really over packed. My poor husband has to lug this huge suitcase around."
Of course in the back of my mind I am wondering what is stuffed into that elusive duffel bag.
"Remember Mary Poppins carpet bag... sometimes bags are deceiving!" that is what my godly non-nagging wife self is thinking.
"Oh my gosh, he probably didn't even pack any clean underwear." That is what my sinful nagging wife self is thinking.
Upside #1: non-nagging godly wife thoughts won!! Gold Star on the 'non nagging' score card!!
Downside #1: a husband who goes to an five star resort without packing one pair of dress pants
Downside #2: a husband who goes to a private beach cottage without backing a swimsuit
Upside #2: He did remember clean underwear:)
Thank you, David and Meggie, for the very thorough packing list. Next time, I promise to nag so that Kyle actually reads it:)

No comments:
Post a Comment