Saturday, August 15, 2009

do i say thanks enough?

"Thanks!"
simple word....

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Phillipians 4:6

I get it... say thanks for the hard stuff, in the midst of the hard stuff..... praying w/o worry.
I got the praying part down.... but I can assure you that I don't say thanks enough.

so, there have been two things on my ky and i's 'please, Lord' list.
1- Lord, please provide a job for Kyle... not just any job, but a job that really utilizes His interests/talents. A job where He can make an impact for Your kingdom
2- Lord, please help me survive 'night shift season' w/ a good attitude and stamina. Make day shift come quickly.

Monday, Aug 10th.... Kyle is officially offered a full time position at UBS as 'branch technology analyst'.
Do I understand what that title means? Of course not.... what I do understand is that he's expertise w/ technology is about to collide w/ his interest in finance..... a support role.... a salaried role. Of all the jobs he applied for (and trust me, there were more that 100) this job is a very unique fit specific to his background! THANKS, GOD!

Thursday, Aug 13th.... As Leah crawls in bed at 3am, she gets a text from Mollie (her bff at work) saying.... 'Leah, guess what!!".
It was either a. mollie got engaged b. our favorite patient was getting discharged home or c. we were switching to day shift, together! It was C!:) Starting in September, me and Mollie both are moving to days!! No more surviving on 3 hrs of sleep.... no more going 4 nights w/o snuggling w/ the honey.... no more scheduling my life around when I'm gonna sleep!! THANKS, GOD!

Needless to say, it has been a really big week for the fabFAZfam! Join us in saying 'thanks'.

God doesn't give us what we want. He gives us what we need....
As i look back on the last 10 months of night shift and the last 9 months of ky's unemployment, I'm still figuring out what we learned from this season (hindsight teaches loudly- i'll keep ya posted.).
It was hard. Not just job stuff, but other life stuff too.... hardest year of my life. I didn't always respond w/ the greatest attitude.... or the most steadfast of faith, but I know that for the months and years to come, I'll look back on this season and the next word off my tongue will be THANKS!"


No comments:

Post a Comment